We guarantee that your Personal Information is protected by all privacy and data protection rights under the laws of the United Kingdom and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) approved by the European Parliament.
You should also read our Terms and Conditions to understand the general rules about your use of our Platform as well as App and Website and any additional terms that may apply when Users access and use our Platform and Services.
- Data Controller Information
Data Controller details are as follows:
- Business name: Tradelinq.
- Owner: [Include Name and Last Name or Business Name]
- Address: [Include Address]
- Unique Taxpayer Reference: [Include UTR Number]
- Phone number: [Include Phone Number]
- Email: [Include Email Address]
- Granting Consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, in which case you must suspend the use of our Platform Services and not continue using our App and leave the Website immediately, and delete or destroy all copies of the App in your possession or control.
- Collection of your Information
The Personal Information collected by us will solely be used in reference to the Services provided by our Platform through our App and Website, including any Content published and/or shared by you on this Platform in accordance with Sections 11 and 12 of our Terms and Conditions.
We will not share, sell, or trade your Information and/or Content to any third parties; however, your Personal Information and Content may remain stored in our cloud and/or server providers (e.g. third party cloud databases, google sheets, etc) strictly for the purpose of using our Platform, Application and Website. This does not apply to information that is publicly available, which we may collect and display on our Platform and/or Application and/or Website.
We reserve the right to confirm and validate your Personal Information and any other Information or Content provided by you at any time. In the event that we determine that the Information and/or Content provided by you is unlawful, erroneous or incorrect (totally or partially), we may suspend or cancel your User Account.
We have the right to file a proceeding if you provide unlawful, erroneous or incorrect Information and/or Content in addition to using any other legal remedy available according to applicable legislation.
The Personal Information we collect from you is the following:
- Information you provide.
We will collect information provided directly by you when you create an account on our Platform, as described below:
- First and last name / Business Name.
- Phone number.
- E-mail address.
- Payment method.
- First and last name / Business Name.
- Phone number.
- E-mail address.
- Employment history.
- Tool Exchange Forum Users:
- First and last name / Business Name.
- Phone number.
- E-mail address.
We also collect the following information provided by you when you interact with us:
- Communications, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, survey responses, or other direct connection with us.
- Payment Methods, such as details about your Payment Method and information needed to process and fulfill your payments.
- Information we collect automatically.
We automatically collect the following Information about you only to provide our Services:
- Device data, such as Device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, the website you visited before accessing and using our Platform and/or App and/or Website.
- Geolocation data, such as your city, state, locality or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed on our Platform and/or App and/or Website; how long you stayed on a page or screen; navigation paths between pages or screens; information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and access duration.
- Content posted and/or shared by you.
We store all Content published and/or shared by you through our App and/or Website on our Platform, which is strictly subject to complying with the provisions and restrictions set forth in Sections 11 and 12 to our Terms and Conditions.
- Data Retention Period
We may retain and store your Personal Information and Content until necessary but for a limited period of time that may not exceed one year, since the cancellation of your User Account for any reason.
Please keep in mind that in some circumstances, we may retain your Personal Information and/or Content for longer periods but in an anonymised form. This means we would delete any information which identifies you personally. We may also retain your Personal Information and/or Content where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation to which we may be subject to.
- Your Data Rights
Your rights on your Personal Information are the following:
- Access and Data Portability.
You may issue queries or ask questions about your Personal Information by email at any time, and we will provide you with such information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or (where technically feasible) to have it ported directly to another data controller, provided this does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- Data Rectification.
You have the right to ask us to update and/or rectify and/or complete your inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information. Please keep in mind that notwithstanding that all reasonable efforts will be made by us to keep your Personal Information updated, you are kindly requested to inform us promptly of any change, error or inaccuracy in your Personal Information.
- Data Objection or Restriction.
You have the right to object or request us to suspend the processing of your Personal Information when you have a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation that causes you to object to the processing because it makes you feel it impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms. Please note that we only process your Personal Information when this is necessary to provide you with our Services and/or when it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject to, as when processing is necessary to protect your interests or those of another person or entity.
- Data Deletion.
You have the right to ask us to delete your Personal Information when it is not relevant to the purpose for which we collect it, once the period established in Section 6 above has elapsed. We may delete your Personal Information before the expiration of that period, when such information is not necessary, at our sole discretion. However, please note, there may be legal obligations which may prohibit us from deleting all or part of the Personal Information held about you immediately at the time of the request, however we will process your request at the earliest opportunity whenever the information retention period expires in accordance with Section 6 above.
- Data Rights Enforcement
Please note that the Data Rights referred in the Section 7 above, exclusively apply to Information provided to us by you through our Platform and/or App and/or Website and that identifies you, directly or indirectly, as an individual.
- How to Exercise your Data Rights
You may exercise the rights described in Section 7 above, at any time, by contacting us at [Include Email Address]. All communications with us must be through the email address that you have provided when registering your User Account on our Platform. Please note that we will verify your identity prior to responding to any request.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within 5 business days. Please keep in mind that occasionally it may take us longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- How we use your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Create and maintain your User Account.
- Ease your login in our Platform through our App and/or Website
- Enable security features of this Platform as well as our App and Website.
- Provide, operate and improve our Platform as well as our App and Website, including our Services.
- Process payments on our Platform, such as deposits to the Escrow Account, as well as payments from Clients to Tradespersons and also payments and subscriptions to Tradespersons’ Membership Plans.
- Contact you about our Services, including updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Answer your questions, complaints or any other request from you about our Platform and/or App and/or Website and/or our Services.
- Send you marketing communications related to our Platform as well as App and Website, including our Services, as permitted by law.
- Research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve our Platform and/or App and/or Website and/or Services and our business.
- Compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may create aggregated, anonymized, or other anonymous data records from your Personal Information. We make Personal Information into anonymous data by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable to you (e.g. name, last name, etc) and use or share this anonymous data with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve our Platform and/or App and/or Website and/or our Services.
- Restrictions on your Personal Information
Your Personal Information shall not: (a) be inaccurate, incorrect or misleading; (b) be fraudulent; (c) infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights to publicity or privacy; (d) violate any applicable national or international law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (e) be defamatory, libellous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing; (f) be obscene or contain child or adult pornography; (g) promote violence or crime; (h) contain any viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or Personal Information.
- Information Disclosure
You expressly agree that we may share and/or disclose your Personal Information and/or Content in accordance with applicable laws. We should cooperate with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as: intellectual property rights and other rights, to help protect you and all our Users of any crime or fraud. For this reason, and in response to a verified request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal or fraudulent activity, we may (and you expressly authorize us to) disclose your Personal Information and/or Content, user history, fraud complaints, and similar information without a subpoena. However, in an effort to respect your privacy, we will not otherwise disclose your Personal Information and/or Content to law enforcement or other government officials without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm, fraud or financial loss; or report suspected illegal or fraudulent activities.
- Protection of Information
We guarantee the privacy and confidentiality of your Personal Information and also guarantee that we have implemented physical and electronic security measures, as well as other appropriate administrative procedures to prevent unauthorized or illegal access by third parties to your Personal Information.
Please note that any Content you share publicly on our Platform will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. However, we also have implemented the adequate measures to avoid any unapproved or unlawful access by third parties to such Content.
Our privacy and protection practices include, but are not limited to:
- The continuous review and updates of our security policies and controls, as technology changes to ensure ongoing information security.
- Implementation of reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the Personal Information we process as well as the Content published and/or shared by you on our Platform, from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, loss or destruction.
- Regular audits of the security measures of our Platform as App and Website, by requesting third party experts to review our security controls against standards in force in the United Kingdom. These audits help us to further improve our security level.
- All information in transit is encrypted, and where possible specific fields are encrypted at rest using industry recognized cryptographic measures.
Please note that our obligation to protect your Personal Information and/or Content will survive for the term established in Section 6 above.
- Information Shared with Third Parties
We do not use and/or share and/or sell and/or exchange and/or publish any of your Personal Information and/or Content with third parties for any purposes without your express consent.
Please note that to provide you access to our Platform and/or App and/or Website and allow you the use of our Services, we may share some Personal Information and/or Content with companies that we hire to perform services or functions on our behalf (“Data Processors”) as our service providers. In all cases in which we share your Personal Information and/or Content with a third party for the purpose of providing you our Services, we will not authorize them to keep, disclose or use your Personal Information and/or Content with others except for the purpose of providing the services we asked them to provide.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of our service providers or any third party.
- International Transfer of Information
We are located and domiciled in the United Kingdom and provide our Services exclusively within our country.
We process and store your Personal Information and Content in the United Kingdom, however, our service providers (“Data Processors”) may process and store it in our country and/or any other place.
You expressly accept and acknowledge that countries of our service providers that are not located and/or domiciled in the United Kingdom may not have the same data protection laws as our country. Notwithstanding, we will ensure that our Data Processors apply at least the basic data security standards in force in the United Kingdom so that your Personal Information remains undisclosed and secure.
- Information about Cookies
- What are Cookies?
A Cookie is a small text file that browsers store on each user’s devices, upon prior consent, when they visit any website and/or download and install an application. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites and applications work more efficiently and provide better services and features for their users.
Cookies allow us to identify and track our Users, as well as recognize their needs and preferences and provide them with security features
- Cookies used by us.
This Platform uses “First Party Cookies” set up by us, and “Third-Party Cookies” set up by our service providers and advertisers. Cookies and their use are described below.
- First-Party Cookies.
First-Party Cookies are directly stored by our Platform. These Cookies allow us to collect analytics data, remember users settings, and perform other useful functions that provide a good experience to our Users (e.g. Strictly Necessary Cookies; Performance Cookies; and Functionality Cookies).
- Third-Party Cookies.
Third-Party Cookies are created by third party websites that are not our Platform, including but not limited to our service providers and advertisers. These types of Cookies are usually used for online-advertising purposes and placed on any website through a script or tag. A Third-Party cookie is accessible on any website that loads the third-party server’s code. (e.g. Targeting Cookies).
- Cookies Purpose
- Identify you when you use our Platform and/or Application and/or Website and/or our Services.
- Store information about your preferences and customize our Services.
- Provide our Services.
- Process your payments.
- Implement security measures to protect your Personal Information and Content, including the prevention of fraudulent use of login credentials, and to protect our Platform and/or Application and/or Website and/or Services.
- Display advertisements that will be relevant to you.
- Analyze the use and performance of our Platform and/or Application and/or Website and/or Services.
- Your consent for Cookies use
- Cookies Control
You can easily control Cookies usage through your browser settings. The help function in your preferred browser should provide you with the correct information.
The following browsers provide helpful guides about how to control Cookies:
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Cookies.
- Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835.
You may also visit the following website to obtain further information on Cookies and how to manage them: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Contact Us
Last Updated: 05/05/2021